Skip to main content

My Home, My Workplace

Hi! I am Gladys. 


I am a housewife cum stay-at-home-mom who enjoys managing my household. I love to work with my clients but of course, at the same time, they were actually my bosses too. (At least, my hubby is because he pays me my salary.) However, on the other hand, he is also my "business" partner. 

HOUSEHOLD AS A SERIOUS BUSINESS


I love the idea of making my "jobs" sound like a business. It gives me the energy to wake up every morning and look forward to the tasks of the day. Besides, I'll be more disciplined when I set my mind this way. I also set objectives to be met so I'll have "actual" things to work on. 

To be a good Chinese restaurant chef (because they love Chinese food), a creative teacher, a patience and trustworthy psychologist, an entertainer, a nurse, etc.... 

I love the fact that I get to play the role of a few professions instead of just being one. And I am doing it in real life instead of just in a movie. So, I would say that I have got the two best jobs in the world. The housewife and the mother. Ok, they are responsibilities but if I look at them as a "job" I would do my duties better. So I prefer to set my mind that way. 

OBJECTIVES

Some of my objectives:
  • A happy family
  • A fulfilling marriage
  • Independent children
I would love to share the joys and sorrows of my journey and the things I do to keep me going for the last seven years. 

JOB HISTORY

At times, I focused on teaching my children. I would spend hours everyday preparing lesson plans and teaching materials. Spend two to three hours doing activities with them. 

Art and craft: My City

Then when they have grown and become more independent in managing their own tasks, I have more time to work on my cooking skills.

Adobo chicken cooked in slow cooker

Steamed fourfinger thread fin

There were also times when I tried to venture on some online business but I failed to manage my time effectively and neglected my family's needs.

My latest project was having my own edible garden. Boy, it was tough! Here are two successful ones that I am eager share. They are, by far, the easily to maintain.


Tomatoes in my garden
Bentong ginger from my garden



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Treat! What a Cheat!

When it comes to food , how often do you cheat ? Do you plan to follow a certain diet but end up having more cheat days than you intend to? or Do you intend to eat home cooked food for the entire week but end up eating out almost everyday? You are not alone!!👊 We are partners in crime! Look at the picture below. It's a plate of lunch for my children. Prawn paste fried chicken, stir fry mustard leaves and white rice. Served on a plate from our kitchen. The only thing I cook is the rice. 😜 I bought the chicken and vegetables from an economy rice shop.  They are my children's top picks. It is a shop that sells a wide variety of dishes (about 50-60), mostly Chinese. The food are pre cooked and displayed on large serving trays. It is self service and faster than the fast food restaurant. When my children saw the food served to them, they had a debate on whether it was takeaway or home cooked . 😃 My 8 year old boy said: Mummy bought from Bar Wang Fan (the na...

Lemon Thyme Meatball With Zucchinni

Minced meat is one of the common ingredients in my kitchen due to its versatility. It's easy to come up with a dish whenever I have this item on hand. Be it for rice porridge, stir fry noodles, adding flavours to booth for noodles soup, to stir fry with vegetables, braised with potatoes, the list is almost endless. Here, I would like to share with you a meatball recipe. We love meatballs and I make them quite often. Sometimes, I would make a big batch and store them in the freezer, to be used on busy days. THIS WEEK's SPECIAL: Lemon Thyme Meatball with Zucchini Ingredients: For the meatball minced meat (any meat of your choice) salt soy sauce finely chopped garlic finely chopped shallot tapioca starch  white pepper powder grated carrots (optional) one whole egg (optional) Other ingredients  zucchinni thyme lemon onion 1. To make meatball, combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix them together and let marinate for a few hours....

Traveling with Kids: Tioman Island

Traveling with children can be quite challenging. They need activities to keep them busy. From my experiences with my children, they don't really like to eat or shop. They want fun play and they want to explore. So, once in a while, we take them out for little adventures. Last June, we decided to take them to an island. WEEK 12: FUN PLAY TOPIC: A TRIP TO AN ISLAND It was a 3 nights 4 days trip. We stayed at Berjaya Tioman Resorts DAY 1 Lunch: I love burgers so it was a pretty good start for me.  Despite a pretty good lunch, our journey was delayed by about an hour. There were only two ferry trips to the island from Mersing, Johor. We chose the 3pm one instead of the 7am one because we didn't want to wake up at dawn and drive all the way to Mersing. When we reached the island, it was already dinner time. With kids along, we just had a short walk around the resort and went to bed early. DAY 2 We decided to go island hopping and snorkelli...