Skip to main content

Of Diets and Workouts

This morning while exercising at the park, I overhead a conversation among a few ladies. One of them mentioned that eating some sweet food in the morning is good. Another lady agreed and added that it will make a person look prettier.

This conversation caught my attention and got me thinking how sweet food can help someone look prettier.

Is it really true? I don't know.

But I do know that if I go on a healthy diet, and exercise regularly, I will surely become fit and healthy and that will certainly make me look prettier.

Do you follow a certain diet or do you eat at your heart's content?

I do the latter most of them time. I just cannot resist food, especially savoury ones.

Once upon a time (more than a decade ago), I heard of a diet where every once a month, you eat only apples for three consecutive days.

Then about a  year or two ago, I heard of another diet where you fast for three consecutive days, also once every month.

I was introduced to yet another kind of diet, two years ago, where you eliminate sugary and carbohydrate foods and eat mostly fat, protein and vegetables. Most fruits are not allowed for this diet because if its sugar content. It's called the Keto diet, which is quiet popular now.

And, there were some who say that it doesn't matter how much and when you eat. It is how much you eat in relation to how much your body consumes.

The most conservative and basic kind of health diet that I have heard of is to increase fruits and vegetables in our daily diet and reduce meat and fat.



This diet thing can really be very confusing.

For the record:

I didn't survive the three-day apples only diet.

I wouldn't even try the three-day fasting diet.

I didn't survive the Keto diet for long but I saw obvious results in days. Really. A flatter tummy.

And I am still trying to get myself to eat more vegetables and fruits instead of meat and fat (that was the reason why I decided to try the Keto diet. I love meat more than carbs).

And on top of that, I started exercising more regularly since three years ago. And it made a huge difference compared to just plain dieting.


My body feels more energetic and I feel healthier.

So, diets and workouts have direct impacts on our health. That's for sure. Not arguable.

Do you follow a certain health regime? Or do you just follow your heart?

How's your health?

Do share with us!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Treat! What a Cheat!

When it comes to food , how often do you cheat ? Do you plan to follow a certain diet but end up having more cheat days than you intend to? or Do you intend to eat home cooked food for the entire week but end up eating out almost everyday? You are not alone!!👊 We are partners in crime! Look at the picture below. It's a plate of lunch for my children. Prawn paste fried chicken, stir fry mustard leaves and white rice. Served on a plate from our kitchen. The only thing I cook is the rice. 😜 I bought the chicken and vegetables from an economy rice shop.  They are my children's top picks. It is a shop that sells a wide variety of dishes (about 50-60), mostly Chinese. The food are pre cooked and displayed on large serving trays. It is self service and faster than the fast food restaurant. When my children saw the food served to them, they had a debate on whether it was takeaway or home cooked . 😃 My 8 year old boy said: Mummy bought from Bar Wang Fan (the na...

Lemon Thyme Meatball With Zucchinni

Minced meat is one of the common ingredients in my kitchen due to its versatility. It's easy to come up with a dish whenever I have this item on hand. Be it for rice porridge, stir fry noodles, adding flavours to booth for noodles soup, to stir fry with vegetables, braised with potatoes, the list is almost endless. Here, I would like to share with you a meatball recipe. We love meatballs and I make them quite often. Sometimes, I would make a big batch and store them in the freezer, to be used on busy days. THIS WEEK's SPECIAL: Lemon Thyme Meatball with Zucchini Ingredients: For the meatball minced meat (any meat of your choice) salt soy sauce finely chopped garlic finely chopped shallot tapioca starch  white pepper powder grated carrots (optional) one whole egg (optional) Other ingredients  zucchinni thyme lemon onion 1. To make meatball, combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix them together and let marinate for a few hours....

Traveling with Kids: Tioman Island

Traveling with children can be quite challenging. They need activities to keep them busy. From my experiences with my children, they don't really like to eat or shop. They want fun play and they want to explore. So, once in a while, we take them out for little adventures. Last June, we decided to take them to an island. WEEK 12: FUN PLAY TOPIC: A TRIP TO AN ISLAND It was a 3 nights 4 days trip. We stayed at Berjaya Tioman Resorts DAY 1 Lunch: I love burgers so it was a pretty good start for me.  Despite a pretty good lunch, our journey was delayed by about an hour. There were only two ferry trips to the island from Mersing, Johor. We chose the 3pm one instead of the 7am one because we didn't want to wake up at dawn and drive all the way to Mersing. When we reached the island, it was already dinner time. With kids along, we just had a short walk around the resort and went to bed early. DAY 2 We decided to go island hopping and snorkelli...