Skip to main content

Days Off and Short Breaks

HONEY, I'M GOING ON A BUSINESS TRIP

I love it when my hubby is out of town because those would be my days off!! 😜

Don't get me wrong. We are in good terms.

It is just that whenever he isn't around, I have one less boss/client to "look after"



SO

I get to plan activities according to (solely) my interest, have more "me time",

AND

*meet up with my friends (with the children tagging along).


MY DAYs OFF

I see these days as my "Days Off".

Mainly because I get to catch up with friends

AND

I get to have quiet times at night after the kids are in bed.

(Who says SAHMs need to go on a holiday to wind down? I get mine on these nights, while at home. Shh! I hope my hubby doesn't read this post)

OK. What do I do on these nights?

Pampering myself with a glass of birds nest on a "Day Off" night.

  • Read the book of my choice in peace
  • Catch up with a friend online
  • Listen to my favourite songs while surfing the internet
  • Listening to my favourite songs and drink a glass of wine
  • Sleep at any time I want to (if hubby is at home, he would make me go to bed around 11pm)

MEANWHILE, ON MY NORMAL WORKING DAYS

To maintain my sanity, I'll do things I loves such as:

  • Have a good breakfast - either at home, at a cafe or a takeaway
My favourite takeaway bought from a roadside food stall: Nasi Lemak, spicy spring roll and curry puffs
This may not look very appetising for some but it is the most loved breakfast in Malaysia and it is my favourite!
Nasi Lemak is rice cooked in coconut milk which is served with "sambal" (chilli paste), fried anchovies and cucumber.
The sambal popiah (spicy spring roll) and karipap (curry puff) are also common snack in Malaysia.

  • Check my social media accounts to see if there is any topic of interest being discussed so I can be "in the know" and perhaps join in the discussions to be "in the society" 
  • Prepare meals - I love cooking so it is an enjoyable tasks rather than a chore
  • Since I love cooking, grocery shopping is one of my favourite past times 

I can spend a long time grocery shopping and I love checking out different grocery stores for  a variety of products. 

  • Catch up with friends - either for breakfast or during their office lunch time 
  • Chit chat with the local store owners - it is an advantage to make friends for all sorts of reason
  • Chatting with my family members who live miles away 
  • Check out the bookstores 


Take care of your needs first and

you, being as happy as a lark, will be able to

serve the rest of your family (with a smile 😊)!

Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead! 💃😀












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Thyme Meatball With Zucchinni

Minced meat is one of the common ingredients in my kitchen due to its versatility. It's easy to come up with a dish whenever I have this item on hand. Be it for rice porridge, stir fry noodles, adding flavours to booth for noodles soup, to stir fry with vegetables, braised with potatoes, the list is almost endless. Here, I would like to share with you a meatball recipe. We love meatballs and I make them quite often. Sometimes, I would make a big batch and store them in the freezer, to be used on busy days. THIS WEEK's SPECIAL: Lemon Thyme Meatball with Zucchini Ingredients: For the meatball minced meat (any meat of your choice) salt soy sauce finely chopped garlic finely chopped shallot tapioca starch  white pepper powder grated carrots (optional) one whole egg (optional) Other ingredients  zucchinni thyme lemon onion 1. To make meatball, combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix them together and let marinate for a few hours....

What a Treat! What a Cheat!

When it comes to food , how often do you cheat ? Do you plan to follow a certain diet but end up having more cheat days than you intend to? or Do you intend to eat home cooked food for the entire week but end up eating out almost everyday? You are not alone!!👊 We are partners in crime! Look at the picture below. It's a plate of lunch for my children. Prawn paste fried chicken, stir fry mustard leaves and white rice. Served on a plate from our kitchen. The only thing I cook is the rice. 😜 I bought the chicken and vegetables from an economy rice shop.  They are my children's top picks. It is a shop that sells a wide variety of dishes (about 50-60), mostly Chinese. The food are pre cooked and displayed on large serving trays. It is self service and faster than the fast food restaurant. When my children saw the food served to them, they had a debate on whether it was takeaway or home cooked . 😃 My 8 year old boy said: Mummy bought from Bar Wang Fan (the na...

Traveling with Kids: Tioman Island

Traveling with children can be quite challenging. They need activities to keep them busy. From my experiences with my children, they don't really like to eat or shop. They want fun play and they want to explore. So, once in a while, we take them out for little adventures. Last June, we decided to take them to an island. WEEK 12: FUN PLAY TOPIC: A TRIP TO AN ISLAND It was a 3 nights 4 days trip. We stayed at Berjaya Tioman Resorts DAY 1 Lunch: I love burgers so it was a pretty good start for me.  Despite a pretty good lunch, our journey was delayed by about an hour. There were only two ferry trips to the island from Mersing, Johor. We chose the 3pm one instead of the 7am one because we didn't want to wake up at dawn and drive all the way to Mersing. When we reached the island, it was already dinner time. With kids along, we just had a short walk around the resort and went to bed early. DAY 2 We decided to go island hopping and snorkelli...