Skip to main content

FUN PLAY: STACK AND BUILD

Hi!

It's time for some fun play!

As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, I would be putting up an activity for kids every week and this week, I am sharing with you some simple fun we had when my children were younger.

I happen to have some photos of them playing "stacking" and "building" using boxes, Jenga pieces, pillows and some other toys and household items.

Watching my children at play has been one of my favourite hobbies and I get to know them better as I watch them doing what they love.

OK. Lets get started.


WEEK 4: FUN PLAY

THEME: STACKING / BUILDING

PROJECT: STACK / BUILD WITH TOYS OR HOUSEHOLD ITEMS




CHALLENGE 1: PILLOW STACKING

Level of difficulty: EASY

See who can stack the most number of pillows




CHALLENGE 2: STACKING BOXES OF DIFFERENT SHAPES

Level of difficulty: Easy to Moderate (depending on the shapes of the boxes)

See who can stack the most number of boxes




We were making a city and that day. My son painted the boxes to be used as buildings
and he decided to have some fun with them.

 CHALLENGE 3: BUILD WITH JENGA

Level of difficulty: Easy to Moderate (depending on the rules set)

See whose is the most creative


Building with Jenga pieces.

I am so bored. No one to play with. Hmmm.... let me build something using these chairs. 

CHALLENGE 4: BUILD WITH HOUSEHOLD ITEMS 

Level of difficulty: Moderate to Difficult (depending on the rules set)

See whose is the most creative





That's all for now.

Hope you'll have some "stacking fun" soon!😃













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Treat! What a Cheat!

When it comes to food , how often do you cheat ? Do you plan to follow a certain diet but end up having more cheat days than you intend to? or Do you intend to eat home cooked food for the entire week but end up eating out almost everyday? You are not alone!!👊 We are partners in crime! Look at the picture below. It's a plate of lunch for my children. Prawn paste fried chicken, stir fry mustard leaves and white rice. Served on a plate from our kitchen. The only thing I cook is the rice. 😜 I bought the chicken and vegetables from an economy rice shop.  They are my children's top picks. It is a shop that sells a wide variety of dishes (about 50-60), mostly Chinese. The food are pre cooked and displayed on large serving trays. It is self service and faster than the fast food restaurant. When my children saw the food served to them, they had a debate on whether it was takeaway or home cooked . 😃 My 8 year old boy said: Mummy bought from Bar Wang Fan (the na...

Lemon Thyme Meatball With Zucchinni

Minced meat is one of the common ingredients in my kitchen due to its versatility. It's easy to come up with a dish whenever I have this item on hand. Be it for rice porridge, stir fry noodles, adding flavours to booth for noodles soup, to stir fry with vegetables, braised with potatoes, the list is almost endless. Here, I would like to share with you a meatball recipe. We love meatballs and I make them quite often. Sometimes, I would make a big batch and store them in the freezer, to be used on busy days. THIS WEEK's SPECIAL: Lemon Thyme Meatball with Zucchini Ingredients: For the meatball minced meat (any meat of your choice) salt soy sauce finely chopped garlic finely chopped shallot tapioca starch  white pepper powder grated carrots (optional) one whole egg (optional) Other ingredients  zucchinni thyme lemon onion 1. To make meatball, combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix them together and let marinate for a few hours....

Stress Free Mode

Now, as I typed on my laptop, my 5 year-old daughter sits in front of me, doing her own work. She is doing something on her own. Something that no one tells her to do. It is 100% at her own will. She is copying from a storybook. It is a Malay storybook she borrowed from school. And she is trying to read as she copies.  She is smiling as she tries to read the words and although she still struggles with many of the words, she is smiling while she tries. Once in a while, she would ask me how to pronounce a certain syllable.  And now, she is singing out the words she copies.  _________________________________________________ This scene, right in front of me, is the result of an important lesson I learnt a year ago.  I learnt that, for effective learning to take place, the learner should be in a "stress free mode".  And for them to be in that mode, it most probably has to be something they find interesting or rather, something they w...