Skip to main content

What a Treat! What a Cheat!

When it comes to food, how often do you cheat?

Do you plan to follow a certain diet but end up having more cheat days than you intend to?

or

Do you intend to eat home cooked food for the entire week but end up eating out almost everyday?

You are not alone!!👊

We are partners in crime!

Look at the picture below. It's a plate of lunch for my children.

Prawn paste fried chicken, stir fry mustard leaves and white rice. Served on a plate from our kitchen. The only thing I cook is the rice. 😜 I bought the chicken and vegetables from an economy rice shop.  They are my children's top picks. It is a shop that sells a wide variety of dishes (about 50-60), mostly Chinese. The food are pre cooked and displayed on large serving trays. It is self service and faster than the fast food restaurant.



When my children saw the food served to them, they had a debate on whether it was takeaway or home cooked. 😃

My 8 year old boy said: Mummy bought from Bar Wang Fan (the name of the shop where I bought the food)😁

WHILE

my 5 year old girl said: Mummy cooked it. She learnt how to cook the chicken. 😊

Then both would start showing 😕😕 faces and asked me...

Haha! Gotcha! Sometimes, they would still think that I cooked the food. 😝

On busy weekdays, when I have too much to complete; such as going to the gym, writing articles or cleaning the house, I would opt for takeaway lunch. This helps to maintain my sanity.

I have learnt not to be the perfect mom or the supermom. Instead, I aim to be the happy and cool mom whose role is to ensure happiness at home. That means, if mommy feels great, everyone would, naturally... Because my mood would effect them.

Everyone has the right to have time to do their own things. Since everyone in the family is either in school or at work in the mornings, I use that "alone time" for my own projects instead of focusing only in household chores and preparing meals.

How do you balance life and work? Do share with us!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Thyme Meatball With Zucchinni

Minced meat is one of the common ingredients in my kitchen due to its versatility. It's easy to come up with a dish whenever I have this item on hand. Be it for rice porridge, stir fry noodles, adding flavours to booth for noodles soup, to stir fry with vegetables, braised with potatoes, the list is almost endless. Here, I would like to share with you a meatball recipe. We love meatballs and I make them quite often. Sometimes, I would make a big batch and store them in the freezer, to be used on busy days. THIS WEEK's SPECIAL: Lemon Thyme Meatball with Zucchini Ingredients: For the meatball minced meat (any meat of your choice) salt soy sauce finely chopped garlic finely chopped shallot tapioca starch  white pepper powder grated carrots (optional) one whole egg (optional) Other ingredients  zucchinni thyme lemon onion 1. To make meatball, combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix them together and let marinate for a few hours....

Traveling with Kids: Tioman Island

Traveling with children can be quite challenging. They need activities to keep them busy. From my experiences with my children, they don't really like to eat or shop. They want fun play and they want to explore. So, once in a while, we take them out for little adventures. Last June, we decided to take them to an island. WEEK 12: FUN PLAY TOPIC: A TRIP TO AN ISLAND It was a 3 nights 4 days trip. We stayed at Berjaya Tioman Resorts DAY 1 Lunch: I love burgers so it was a pretty good start for me.  Despite a pretty good lunch, our journey was delayed by about an hour. There were only two ferry trips to the island from Mersing, Johor. We chose the 3pm one instead of the 7am one because we didn't want to wake up at dawn and drive all the way to Mersing. When we reached the island, it was already dinner time. With kids along, we just had a short walk around the resort and went to bed early. DAY 2 We decided to go island hopping and snorkelli...